Don’t miss out on your last chance to access special options and waivers that may allow you to control premium costs and get better group health insurance for the new year. Qualifying practice owners and independent physicians must have their completed documents submitted before end of day on December 12, 2022 for a January 1, 2023 start date.
TMA Insurance Trust is committed to making the process of obtaining high-quality health insurance coverage easier for you. Determining your eligibility for these options is just one of the services we provide. We use our specialized experience to your advantage and take on the time-consuming work of researching coverage options, comparing plans and securing quotes.
Our goal is to keep your time investment to a minimum while finding the best coverage you qualify for.
Options Alert: What You Need to Know
Until December 12th, practice owners can make use of two special waivers that may provide access to group health insurance just for themselves and their family, or themselves and their employees. They may allow you to manage costs in a way you haven’t considered before.
- Practice owners no longer must meet the contribution and participation requirements to qualify for group coverage.
- Practice owners can upgrade their personal coverage to a group PPO plan while offering their employees another plan.
- Practice owners with staff on their own health coverage (a spouse’s plan or another provider), can get group coverage at group rates – just for themselves and their family.
Independent physicians who do not have employees or who work with their spouse also have special options available to them that could allow them to bypass qualifying criteria and access group health insurance for themselves.
- Physicians in a partnership without W-2 employees may be eligible for group PPO health insurance. Partnership documentation and the company’s SS4 or Schedule K-1 (Form 1065) are required.
- Physicians who own a business with their spouse or own a business and employ their spouse as their W-2 wage employee may qualify for group coverage – even without partnership documentation.
Time is running out on these options, don’t delay. Let your TMA Insurance Trust advisor determine if you qualify to get better coverage and if you can utilize these options to help you have more control over the cost of your health insurance. We have years of experience helping practice owners and independents get the best possible coverage at the best possible price, from the most highly rated insurance carriers in Texas. Call 800-880-8181, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, CST. Let’s see if we can help you transition into the new year with better health insurance.
For over 60 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.