Although we never want to believe that we could become severely ill, as a physician, you know that it happens to the best of people. A serious illness can leave the patient and their family reeling; not just emotionally, but also financially.
If you should become seriously ill, Critical Illness insurance can help relieve the financial burden and support your healing. Because our mission is to help protect Texas physicians, TMA Insurance Trust is providing members with Guaranteed Acceptance for $20,000 of TMA Member Critical Illness insurance, now through March 12.*
Why Critical Illness Insurance
Critical illness insurance differs from primary health insurance in one very important way: the benefit is paid directly to you if there is a diagnosis of a life-threatening illness – like cancer, heart attack, or stroke. Unlike standard health insurance, your benefit may be used any way you choose.
You may choose to use your benefit to help maintain your current lifestyle while you are out of work and your income is reduced. Or, you might use the benefit to help cover the numerous expenses that typically accompany a critical illness, such as:
- Transportation services to treatment centers
- In-home caregivers
- Paying expenses for relatives who visit
- Additional costs for child or senior care
- Specialty drugs or treatments
- Ongoing debt payments
Some have chosen to use their benefit to recuperate with a family trip or to fulfill the dream of a once-in-a-lifetime travel experience. You are the best judge of how you would use your benefit, and with Critical Illness Insurance, you are in control of this choice.
$20K Coverage With Guaranteed Acceptance
Now until March 12, TMA members under age 65 are guaranteed $20,000 of coverage when they enroll. Their spouse or domestic partner is also eligible for $10,000 of coverage with Guaranteed Acceptance. At enrollment, there is no medical exam, no medical questions asked and there will be no underwriting required for this amount of coverage.
To activate your coverage, all you need to do is go online and complete the online form through the link below:
If you would like additional benefits, you can apply for up to a total of $250,000 of coverage.
Benefits of the TMA Member Critical Illness Plan
Remember that for the TMA Member Critical Illness Plan:
- Acceptance is Guaranteed for $20,000 of coverage for TMA members under age 65.
- Acceptance is Guaranteed for $10,000 of coverage for the spouse/domestic partner under age 65.
- There is no physical exam or any medical questions to answer.
- A lump sum is paid directly to the participant when diagnosed with a covered illness.
- There are no deductibles, co-pays or co-insurance.
- Benefits are paid, regardless of any other insurance you may have.
- Members can apply for more coverage - up to $250,000 of total coverage.
- Spouse and family coverage is available.
- Enrollment is simple – you can enroll online, through the mail or by contacting an advisor.
- As long as you’re a TMA member, coverage stays with you regardless of your employment situation.
When it comes to our health, you know that there are very few certainties. Because we’re looking out for you, we sincerely hope you will take advantage of this guarantee for financial protection while it is available.
Please enroll before the March 12th deadline. We have made it easy to enroll in a matter of minutes online. Get started now – simply click the button below.
For over 60 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.