For physicians working right now in Texas these are sobering times. You are likely to be treating patients who either have the coronavirus or may have been exposed to it.
That means every day you go to work you are at risk of exposure to the virus.
Have you considered what would happen if you were one of those unfortunate enough to contract a disabling case of COVID-19?
Beyond the devastating impact to your physical health, what would happen to your finances if you could not work and stopped receiving a paycheck? What would that mean for your family?
Top Disability Plans Are Still Available
As COVID-19 continues to threaten both our physical and financial health, many physicians are moving quickly to put a disability insurance plan in place for themselves and their family.
They want to ensure they have a financial safety net to help replace income in the event that COVID-19 – or any other illness or injury – keeps them from working for an extended period of time.
Fortunately, we are finding that despite the growing numbers of COVID-19 cases, companies are still accepting applications for disability insurance in Texas.
Members Get Exclusive Savings
In addition, the pricing of long-term disability insurance has not increased as a result of the pandemic. In fact, if you are a TMA member it can be advantageous for you to consider disability insurance at this time.
We have been able to arrange exclusive discounts on plans from top-rated national carriers for our members. If you are a TMA member we urge you to review the plans offered by the carriers listed below.
Each offers a wide range of benefits, features and pricing that could work for you. We hope you can take advantage of these opportunities while they are still available – we cannot guarantee how long they will last.
Here is a summary of the benefits each plan:
Save 25% On a Plan For TMA Members
The TMA Member Long Term Disability Plan is issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America. It comes with a 25% Thank You Credit – effectively reducing our regular rates by 25%.* If you already have disability insurance, it can serve as an affordable way to supplement your existing plan and increase your total amount of coverage. It includes these features:
- Streamlined application process for a monthly benefit of up to $10,000 – members can apply for up to $15,000
- Own occupation benefits paid for the first 120 months
- Apply for up to $4,000/month benefit with no income verification – or need to account for any other coverage you may have
- Student Loan Reimbursement (SLR) benefit – additional payment of up to 25% of your monthly benefit for members under age 40 – up to a maximum benefit of $250,000
- Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) provision
- Catastrophic disability benefit – additional 20% of your monthly benefit for a covered catastrophic disability
- Annual opportunity to increase coverage – up to age 45
- Online application available – please click below to apply online
Get Permanent Savings up to 20% From Guardian
TMA members get a discount of up to 20% from Guardian – a leader in individual disability insurance. Unlike other offers, this is not limited to your first year’s premiums – it is available for every year of the policy. Benefits include:
- True own occupation definition of disability – with enhanced medical specialty language
- 150% first-year benefit for a serious illness
- Non-cancellable – your premiums cannot change
- Guaranteed renewable – once you have coverage, your benefits cannot be modified
- Permanent member discounts up to 20% – for the life of the policy
Optional benefits include:
- Future increase option — up to $17,000/month in total disability benefit
- Enhanced partial disability benefit rider – get recovery benefits for full benefit period
- Student loan rider — up to $2,000/month in student loan protection
- Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) rider
- Retirement protection rider — up to $4,420/month in retirement contribution protection
Save 20% on a Lloyd’s of London High-Limit Plan
TMA Insurance Trust has partnered with world renowned Lloyd’s of London to design a high-limit disability plan that offers a monthly benefit of up to $100,000. The plan is not constricted by the limits domestic carriers place on the amount of coverage you can have – and comes with an exclusive 20% discount for TMA members. Features include:
- Monthly benefit up to $100,000 – can be added on top of traditional participation limits
- Exclusive 20% TMA member discount
- Own occupation coverage
- Simplified underwriting – with no medical exam or lab work
- Fixed, level premiums
- Choice of payment options – lump sum payment, level payments or both
- Extended age limit – TMA members up to age 70 can apply
Choose a Plan With An Experienced Partner
The benefits of each of these plans are numerous and some may be more relevant to your specific situation than others.
As a TMA member we encourage you to take advantage of the guidance provided by our experienced advisors at no cost to you. They are deeply versed in the complexities and nuances of disability insurance and can help you choose the plan that’s right for your needs and budget.
As always, our sole mission is to help you get the coverage you need. Our advisors do not work for sales-based commissions – so during a consultation you will never feel pressure or obligation.
At TMA Insurance Trust we applaud you for everything you are doing to help keep Texas safer during the pandemic. And we want to help you get the essential protection you need at this challenging time.
We are ready to take your call and your questions. You can contact a TMA Insurance Trust advisor for personal service and assistance toll-free at 1-800-880-8181, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday CST.
For over 60 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.