By some estimates, the average American retirement lasts about 20 years. Health care needs increase as we age and therefore health care is one of the largest expenses we face in retirement. Original Medicare can help offset many of these costs – but not all of them.
Maximize Your Savings
Once you have signed up for Medicare Parts A and B, you will be covered for roughly 80% of most medical expenses, leaving 20% to come out of your pocket. 20% over a 20-year retirement can make a serious dent in even the largest nest egg.
The easiest way to protect against Medicare’s uncovered costs is the right Medicare supplement plan. There are supplement plans to help with the cost of medical services and plans to help cover the cost of prescription medications. Selecting the right plan at the right time will maximize your savings.
Medicare Mistakes Are Costly
Sorting through all the complexities of Medicare supplement and Medicare Part D (prescription drug) plans can be time-consuming and frustrating. There are an overwhelming number of options available and understanding the subtle differences between plans can be difficult. Selecting the wrong plan could leave you wasting your money on unnecessary costs.
If you don't make the right choices to fill in the gaps, you could end up with large and unnecessary medical expenses. Getting the timing right is also crucial. If you miss key deadlines, you could end up with needless gaps in your coverage, not being able to buy the plan you want, and worst still, getting hit with expensive late penalties for the rest of your life.
The Easiest Way to Save Money and Time
Finding the right retirement health plan doesn’t have to be difficult. At TMA Insurance Trust, our advisors have decades of experience helping hundreds of physicians across Texas find the plan that is customized to fit their individual needs.
A Personalized Retirement Health Plan
Each person’s health is individual. And each person deserves health insurance that is personalized to their specific needs. That’s why our advisors will help you find the Medicare supplement plan and Part D plan that fits your health situation, your prescriptions and your budget.
Your consultation is free and comes with no obligation. Contact us today.
For over 60 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.