Resolute, industrious, tenacious: physicians who operate a solo or small independent practice can well be described in this way. As the health insurance landscape becomes increasingly uncertain, and regulatory demands and the complexity of administrative tasks increases, small and solo practices face many challenges. Still, these practice owners see tremendous value in maintaining their autonomy and nurturing patient connections. At TMA Insurance Trust, we believe that they deserve special respect and support, and offer it in the form of tailored, comprehensive coverage.
Have You Missed a Vital Piece of Coverage?
All physicians are busy, but perhaps none more so than the small practice owner. In the rush to care for their daily responsibilities, it is understandable that many may have not fully considered their need for proper income protection. They may reason, “I have individual disability insurance, so my family is protected if I suffer a disability.” They miss another vital piece of disability coverage: income coverage for their medical practice expenses.
It is no exaggeration to say that Business Overhead Expense insurance is vital for small practice owners. To understand why, consider the following questions in light of your situation:
If I am sick or injured and am unable to work for a period of time:
- Who will see my patients?
- How will my office lease and utilities get paid?
- How will I cover payroll for my staff?
- In my absence, will my patients need to find another practice?
Without Business Overhead Expense coverage, you may discover that though you have recovered physically after a period of illness or injury, it is your practice that may no longer be viable. A temporary health setback could have permanent financial consequences.
800-880-8181 7:30 – 5:30 CST Monday – Friday
Help Protect What You’ve Built
Fortunately, this need not ever be in your future. With the recently enhanced TMA Member Business Overhead Expense Insurance, issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America, members will have the financial resources they need to help keep their practice working, even when they can’t.
The TMA Member plan provides these valuable benefits, and more:
- Monthly benefit: Up to $50,000 in monthly benefits to help cover the ongoing expenses of your practice.
- Locum tenens coverage: While you recover, your patients can continue to receive care, and your employees can continue working for your practice.
- Long benefit payments: Your plan offers up to a 24-month benefit period. If you are under age 70, you may be able to extend some benefit payments for up to a total of 36 months. Speak to a TMA Insurance Trust advisor for more details.
- Waiting period: The TMA Member BOE Plan will make the first payment retroactively after you have been disabled for 30 continuous days.
- Waiver of premium: Your premiums are waived while you are disabled; coverage will continue at no cost to you while you receive benefits.
Get the Support You Deserve
Solo and small practice owners deserve to have a supportive, trustworthy team on their side. At TMA Insurance Trust, we care about the challenges you face as a practice owner – and we are here to support you. All TMA Insurance Trust advisors are licensed insurance professionals with decades of experience exclusively serving Texas physicians. Our services are provided without charge, and there is never any obligation or sales pressure. To find out more or to discuss any questions you may have, please call us at (800) 880-8181 or fill out the form below.
For over 60 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.