An individual's vitality and health are often determined by how well the inner workings of their body function. The same is true of your practice.
While you are the face of your practice, internally, two things need to be in place and function well to keep your practice healthy and optimal: the right health insurance for your needs, and effective cost management. TMA Insurance Trust understands the challenge for practice owners and independent physicians to access comprehensive group PPO health coverage while controlling costs. We want you to know about special options that may help you do both, whether you have employees or not.
How these special options can help:
- Practice owners with group coverage for their practice have the opportunity to control costs while offering employees a mix of group PPO and HMO plans.
- Practice owners with staff on their own coverage (a spouse’s plan or that of another provider) may be able to get group PPO coverage just for themselves and their families.
- Partners with no W-2 employees may be eligible for group coverage only for themselves. (Partnership documentation and the company’s SS4 or recent K-1 (Form 1065) must be provided.)
- Physicians who own a business with their spouse, or their spouse is a W-2 wage employee, may qualify for group coverage even without partnership documentation.
These special options available through TMA Insurance Trust could allow you access to group PPO health insurance for the first time. You may be able to maximize your coverage and upgrade from an HMO plan and remain within your budget. Your TMA advisor can help you determine your eligibility and will present you with the group health plans you qualify for.
Your advisor will also provide administrative support to your office staff to help integrate your group health insurance plan and keep it functioning smoothly.
You’ll receive practical, time-saving support with:
- Enrolling staff and their dependents
- Canceling employees if they leave your practice
- Distributing temporary ID cards and policy information
- Customer service issues
If you’re opening your own practice, let TMA Insurance Trust help you start your group plan. These special options may help increase the value of your practice to your employees, allow you to secure more comprehensive coverage, and help control costs.
Dedicated Support Your Practice Deserves
If you are content with the group health coverage you have but not the service you’re receiving, keep your coverage but switch to TMA Insurance Trust and upgrade to our unsurpassed customer care.
Over 750 practices across Texas secure their group health insurance through TMA Insurance Trust, in part because the vitality and health of your practice are our number one concern. Call us at 800-880-8181, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, CST, and receive an unbiased, no-obligation consultation.
For over 60 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.