Open Enrollment is nearing its end. As a practice owner or independent physician, you still have time to take advantage of special group health insurance options that could help you manage rising costs or get the PPO coverage you want. Two of these special options offer flexibility in premiums and group plan size, even for practice owners without employees.
But you need to act now. These options are expiring in two weeks. Plus, there is no guarantee that these special options will be available next year. Don't get stuck with health insurance that doesn't meet your needs or could cost you more.
Special Options: A Closer Look
Do you know that as a practice owner with employees, these special options enable you to access group health insurance, get the coverage you need for you and your family, and provide cost-effective options for your staff?
- For practice owners looking for group coverage for their practice, TMA Insurance Trust can assist you with group health insurance. The options provide an opportunity to help control the cost to your practice and be able to offer your employees group health insurance – including a mix of PPO and HMO plans.
- For practice owners with employees looking for group coverage only for themselves, usually as long as you have a tax ID number and one full time employee besides yourself paid under that number you will be eligible.
- Practice owners with staff on their own health coverage (spouse’s plan or another provider) can get “group of one” PPO coverage just for themselves and their family.
Do you know that if you are an independent physician without employees or work alongside your spouse you may qualify for group health insurance? TMA Insurance Trust has uncovered special options tailored to your situation, granting you access to group health rates and coverage, including PPO plans.
- Partners with no W-2 employees, you may be eligible for group coverage only for yourself. You’ll need to provide partnership documentation and the company’s SS4 or recent K-1 (Form 1065).
- Physicians who own or wish to start a business with their spouse, or their spouse is a W-2 wage employee, you may qualify for group coverage even without partnership documentation.
- Physicians opening their own practice, TMA Insurance Trust can help you with starting your own group plan.
No matter your situation, TMA Insurance Trust is here to assist you in exploring these special group insurance options and help you get the coverage you need at the lowest cost possible.
Why Choose TMA Insurance Trust?
TMA Insurance Trust has been a trusted partner for Texas physicians for over 65 years. Today we serve 800 medical practices across the state, providing hands-on service. You can expect the same level of personal service from TMA Insurance Trust as well. Whether helping to enroll your staff and their families, ensuring delivery of insurance materials, supporting your practice manager, or advocating for you with insurance companies, your satisfaction is a top priority for TMA Insurance Trust.
You can be assured that our experienced advisors will provide impartial guidance because they do not receive any sales-based commissions. They work to find cost-saving solutions within your group's policies, simplifying your health insurance process. Before renewing your current health insurance plan, contact a TMA Insurance Trust Advisor to see how we can help improve your health insurance situation, and avoid any gaps in coverage. Don’t delay. All applications must be completed and submitted by December 13th.
Contact an advisor at 800-880-8181, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, CST. Let's get you covered before Open Enrollment ends.
For over 65 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.