TMA Insurance Trust has undertaken a mission to assist small practice owners and independent physicians in securing the best possible group health insurance coverage for themselves, their families, and their employees. Regardless of the category you fall into, our extensive research has uncovered ways to help you control the cost of your group health insurance.
With most health insurance premium prices rising yearly, the landscape is in constant flux. By revealing our strategies, TMA Insurance Trust aims to aid practice owners in managing costs for group coverage, and supporting independent physicians in obtaining group health coverage—even without employees. Yes, we are here to help you take control, demonstrating that whether you are seeking personal coverage or managing a small practice, together we can explore options to optimize your health insurance coverage.
Special Group Options for Practice Owners
Practice owners, you have the unique flexibility to potentially reduce the health insurance cost for your group. TMA Insurance Trust can assist you in seizing the opportunity to access group PPO health insurance tailored just for you. Special options available during Open Enrollment will enable you to offer multiple health insurance plans to your employees while allowing you to stay within your budget. By not being confined to an unsatisfactory HMO plan, you will have more flexibility and ensure that your practice's health coverage better aligns with your employees' vision and your budget.
Practice owners no longer need to meet the minimum required number of employees enrolling in coverage to qualify as a group. Your only obligation is to make coverage available to your employees—no longer do you have to cover at least 75% of your staff to qualify for group coverage.
And here's more good news: the mandated portion of the premium for your employees is no longer a burden. You can now choose to pay what you can afford. In other words, the requirement to pay at least 50% of the premiums to qualify for group coverage is a thing of the past.
Taking advantage of these options, available only until December 13th, may be a game-changer for your practice and your bottom line. Transform how your practice approaches health insurance costs for 2024 by acting now; before time runs out.
Solutions for Independent Physicians
Being an independent physician doesn’t mean that you are flying solo. TMA Insurance Trust is here with you every step of the way, outlining special options that extend group coverage and rates to you, even if you do not have any employees. You may have access to both HMO and PPO group plan rates that fit your individual needs.
TMA Insurance Trust has conducted thorough research to ensure that whether you own a small practice or operate independently, you can reap the benefits of the opportunities we have specifically uncovered for you:
- For practice owners looking for group coverage for their practice, TMA Insurance Trust can assist you with group health insurance. The options provide an opportunity to help control the cost to your practice and be able to offer your employee’s group health insurance – including a mix of PPO and HMO plans.
- For practice owners with employees looking for group coverage only for themselves, usually as long as you have a tax ID number and one full time employee besides yourself paid under that number you will be eligible.
- Practice owners with staff on their own health coverage (spouse’s plan or another provider) can get “group of one” PPO coverage just for themselves and their family.
- Partners with no W-2 employees, you may be eligible for group coverage only for yourself. You’ll need to provide partnership documentation and the company’s SS4 or recent K-1 (Form 1065).
- Physicians who own a business with your spouse, or your spouse is a W-2 wage employee, you may qualify for group coverage even without partnership documentation.
- Physicians opening your own practice, TMA Insurance Trust can help you with starting your own group plan.
In the realm of a busy physician's life, medicine is your specialty, and insurance is ours. At TMA Insurance Trust, we’ve dedicated years to refining our skills, evolving into group health insurance specialists. Therefore, we possess the knowledge of where to look and what questions to ask, revealing hidden benefits that we are eager to pass on to you.
The options we have uncovered for you during Open Enrollment are time-sensitive. Now is your moment to seize the opportunity and manage your health insurance costs while securing the group PPO health coverage you prefer.
Our mandate from our inception has been to provide unbiased, exemplary service without cost or obligation. Our track record is a testament to this commitment, with nearly 800 medical groups across Texas placing their trust in us. Our expert advisers are committed to helping to guide you through the ever-changing topography of group health coverage.
Together, we can pave the way for a powerful and cost-effective healthcare coverage solution. Team up with one of our advisors for the expertise and support you need at 800-880-8181, Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST.
For over 65 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.