Securing sufficient medical insurance coverage as you approach your 65th birthday is crucial. Even as a physician, deciding on which plan is right for you can be a complicated task. Fortunately, TMA Insurance Trust can help you examine your options when considering Medicare Supplement and Part D prescription insurance so that you can make informed decisions and avoid costly mistakes.
Important Healthcare Decisions
Knowledge is power, especially in making important decisions concerning your healthcare. Therefore, the key to filtering through the barrage of information is not only understanding what you have learned from your experience as a physician but also utilizing the resources of a TMA Insurance Trust advisor.
An advisor can help you get answers to questions like:
- I’m turning 65 and still working, do I need to enroll in Original Medicare?
- Do I need to enroll in both Medicare Part A and Part B at the same time?
- Are there penalties if I don’t enroll for Medicare at the right time?
- I have dependents on my health insurance at work. If I enroll in Medicare, can I keep my employer’s group health insurance?
- I plan on enrolling for Medicare. What is Medicare Supplement, and do I need it?
- I take prescriptions every day. Are they covered by Medicare?
- Do I need to replace my dental insurance and other coverage if I enroll in Medicare?
Knowing the answers to these questions and making informed decisions early may help you avoid penalties, and avoid any gaps in your medical coverage. TMA Insurance Trust can help you to examine your choices and make decisions that are right for you and those still dependent on you.
Advisors to Help You Get the Best Coverage
Understanding the intricacies of health insurance can be complex and confusing, especially after the age of 65. Although you are ready to relax and enjoy this phase of your life, you still have many decisions to make concerning your health care. You are not alone, as a physician in Texas, you have an ally - TMA Insurance Trust.
Contact a TMA Insurance Trust advisor for guidance. Our advisors are licensed, experienced insurance professionals. They will help you make the best decision given your unique circumstances, so you may get sufficient medical coverage without any gaps. For your personal consultation, call TMA Insurance Trust at 800-880-8181 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM CST.
For over 65 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.