As the year draws to a close and you consider health insurance plans for 2024, we'd like to bring to your attention to some special options available through TMA Insurance Trust that may significantly enhance your coverage.
For small practice owners or independent physicians without employees, the options may seem limited to individual HMO plans or short-term insurance plans. However, did you know that you may be able to access superior group PPO health insurance, covering not just yourself but your family as well?
Supporting You with Special Options
The limitations of HMO plans, with their high costs and restrictive networks, are well known, as are the drawbacks of short-term plans. While they may be lighter on the wallet, short-term plans often fall short in terms of benefits, providing scant coverage for maternity or pre-existing conditions. In some cases, those with pre-existing conditions may even be denied coverage.
We understand that as busy physicians, conducting exhaustive research on insurance plans may not be feasible. That's where TMA Insurance Trust steps in. We’ve diligently explored available options to bring you special opportunities to potentially lower your insurance costs, while also tailoring coverage to suit your needs.
- Practice owners looking for group coverage for their practice, TMA Insurance Trust can assist you with group health insurance. The special options available provide an opportunity to help control the cost to your practice and be able to offer your employee’s group health insurance –including a mix of PPO and HMO plans.
- Practice owners with employees looking for group coverage only for themselves, usually as long as you have a tax ID number and one full time employee besides yourself paid under that number you will be eligible.
- Practice owners with staff on their own health coverage (spouse’s plan or another provider), you could get “group of one” PPO coverage just for yourself and your family.
- Partners with no W-2 employees, you may be eligible for group coverage only for yourself. You’ll need to provide partnership documentation and the company’s SS4 or recent K-1 (Form 1065).
- Physicians who own a business with their spouse, or their spouse is a W-2 wage employee, you may qualify for group coverage even without partnership documentation.
- Physicians opening their own practice, TMA Insurance Trust can help you implement and maintain your own group plan.
A consultation with a TMA Insurance Trust advisor can make this process seamless and straightforward. Our advisors will meticulously compare policies, secure quotes, and guide you through the special options, all at no cost or obligation to you. Their expertise can be your compass in navigating the often complex landscape of health insurance.
The Clock is Ticking
Don't wait until it's too late. Reach out to a TMA Insurance Trust advisor today and ensure that by January 1st, you have the optimal coverage in place to safeguard your health and give you greater peace of mind in 2024. All documents must be completed and submitted by December 13th. To determine your eligibility for these special options and secure your coverage, call 800-880-8181 any weekday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, CST.
For over 65 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.