As we stand at the threshold of a new year, acutely aware of the impending challenges of attaining quality healthcare coverage, we recognize the unique predicaments that Texas physicians, whether independent or owners of practices—small or large, are bracing for. In the face of anticipated significant insurance premium increases, TMA Insurance Trust is not merely here to provide insurance but to extend a tailored solution that seamlessly aligns with your distinct needs.
Right now, we are offering you the chance to take advantage of exclusive special options available only during Open Enrollment. This unique opportunity provides you with the flexibility and control to help manage your practice's health insurance costs. For a limited time, you may secure better coverage for 2024. These options are helping many, like yourself, to manage the cost of group health insurance for your practice and may even help you qualify for group coverage just for yourself and your family - whether you have employees or not.
Insurance Coverage to Fit Like a Glove
No one comprehends the importance of quality healthcare like physicians do. Your ability to choose specialists is paramount. Therefore, if you are looking for options beyond your current plan, TMA Insurance Trust has uncovered solutions tailored for practice owners and independent physicians to include the option of a group Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan to harmonize perfectly with your preferences:
- Physician Flexibility: Choose your healthcare provider without network limitations.
- No Referral Mandate: Skip the hassle of seeing a primary care physician for a specialist referral.
Special Options for Independent Physicians
You have the exclusive opportunity now as an independent physician to secure affordable healthcare coverage. There are special open enrollment options for independent physicians who do not have employees or who work with their spouse and need to secure health insurance. Some options worth noting include:
- For practice owners looking for group coverage for their practice, TMA Insurance Trust can assist you with group health insurance. The options provide an opportunity to help control the cost to your practice and be able to offer your employee’s group health insurance – including a mix of PPO and HMO plans.
- For practice owners with employees looking for group coverage only for themselves, usually as long as you have a tax ID number and one full time employee besides yourself paid under that number you will be eligible.
- Practice owners with staff on their own health coverage (spouse’s plan or another provider) can get “group of one” PPO coverage just for themselves and their family.
- Partners with no W-2 employees, you may be eligible for group coverage only for yourself. You’ll need to provide partnership documentation and the company’s SS4 or recent K-1 (Form 1065).
- Physicians who own a business with your spouse, or your spouse is a W-2 wage employee, you may qualify for group coverage even without partnership documentation.
- Physicians opening your own practice, TMA Insurance Trust can help you with starting your own group plan.
Let TMA Insurance Trust guide you, as an independent physician, in exploring the special group health insurance options for which you may be eligible.
Your Ally for Health Coverage
The deadline for Open Enrollment with its great benefits is fast approaching. However, TMA Insurance Trust isn't just here for the enrollment period. We will continue to be your ally and provide support throughout the year. Your dedicated advisors are ready to assist you at every step, providing you and your staff essential information and benefits.
Our advisors operate on a unique principle—they don't receive sales-based commissions. This ensures that, as your unwavering ally, your interests are served best. The next step in securing a comprehensive and tailored solution for your health insurance needs is simple—reach out to a TMA Insurance Trust advisor at 800-880-8181, Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, CST for your no-cost, no-obligation consultation and quote.
For over 65 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.