Americans are living longer and healthier lives. That is due in part to our access to essential healthcare. As you age, finding the right Medicare supplement plan is a key component to acquiring the healthcare you need later in life. TMA Insurance Trust can help you decipher the complexities of Medicare so you can make informed decisions and avoid costly mistakes.
Supplemental Insurance - The Wise Choice
It is a wise choice to not only protect your finances as you enter into retirement age, but also to protect your health. Over the years, your experiences and outlook on life have likely led you to appreciate the vital importance of having the most comprehensive health insurance possible. As you approach your 65th birthday, it's time to make sure your finances are protected and that you have the health coverage you need for what comes next.
A basic Medicare plan pays up to 80% of your medical costs. In addition to other out-of-pocket costs like deductibles and copays; you would be responsible for the remaining 20%. A Medicare supplement plan is especially designed to help cover those expenses. Prescription drugs are also not typically covered under a standard Medicare plan. These costs could add up and be very expensive without coverage from a Medicare Part D plan.
Choosing the most well-suited Medicare supplement and Part D Prescription Drug coverage plan can be a daunting task. Any choice you make will have an impact on your life. Important questions need to be answered, such as:
- I’m turning 65 and still working, do I need to enroll in Original Medicare?
- Do I need to enroll in both Medicare Part A and Part B at the same time?
- Are there penalties if I don’t enroll for Medicare at the right time?
- I have dependents on my health insurance at work. If I enroll in Medicare, can I keep my employer’s group health insurance?
- I plan on enrolling for Medicare. What is Medicare Supplement, and do I need it?
- I take prescriptions every day. Are they covered by Medicare?
- Do I need to replace my dental insurance and other coverage if I enroll in Medicare?
When you are able to get clear and concise answers to questions such as these, you'll be able to make wise decisions about the plans available to you. Selecting the right plan now could save you from paying for the wrong coverage and even costly lifetime penalties should your insurance lapse or you miss an open enrollment period.
Experience is the Teacher
Everyday you use your experience and knowledge to assist those under your care. Now it’s your turn to tap into the expertly skilled knowledge base of an advisor at TMA Insurance Trust. These licensed professionals have years of experience assisting and guiding physicians and their family members in making the best possible choices when it comes to their health insurance.
When you speak with your dedicated TMA Insurance Trust advisor, be sure to inquire how you and your spouse can receive a discount when you both have plans with the same carrier. These savings will add up! Call today at 800-880-8181, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, CST.
For over 65 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.