Serious, critical - two words that no one wants to hear associated with illness. Being the one to care for the needs of patients daily can contribute to physicians having a blindspot when it comes to their own health. Taking a step back and considering what you would do if you were the patient is necessary because no physician is immune to a sudden, serious illness.
TMA Insurance Trust was created by physicians for physicians. We know firsthand that this is something physicians can lose sight of. The physical and emotional toll a critical illness can take on you and your family can be devastating. If you’re not prepared ahead of time, the financial impact could be devastating too.
Vital Coverage When You Need it Most
Critical illness is expensive. The medical services needed are often outside the scope of what’s considered routine care. As a result, the out-of-pocket costs that you will have to pay after your primary health insurance has applied coverage are often significant. High deductibles, copays, maximum benefit limits, and medical and non-medical expenses related to your care can add up quickly and overwhelmingly.
The TMA Member Critical Illness Insurance Plan pays a lump sum payment of $20,000 directly to you upon diagnosis of a covered illness. The critical illnesses that are covered and the percentage paid out as a benefit are:
- Alzheimer’s Disease – 100%
- Cancer - Invasive – 100%
- Heart Attack – 100%
- Major Organ Failure – 100%
- Renal (kidney) Failure – 100%
- Stroke – 100%
- Cancer (non-invasive, other than skin cancer) – 25%
- Multiple Sclerosis – 25%
- Occupational HIV Infection – 25%
- Parkinson’s Disease – 25%
- Severe Coronary Disease – 25%
- Terminal Illness – 25%
If there is a diagnosis of a reoccurrence of the critical illness that you received a benefit for (other than skin cancer), you would receive 50% of the benefit you received for the initial occurrence.
Additional benefits and features of the TMA Member Critical Illness Insurance Plan:
- Acceptance is guaranteed for $20,000 of coverage for members under the age of 65.
- Acceptance is guaranteed for $10,000 of coverage for a member’s spouse under the age of 65.
- There is no physical exam required and there are no medical questions to answer.
- There are no deductibles, no co-pay, and no co-insurance to worry about.
- You are paid no matter what other insurance you may have.
- You can apply for more coverage - get up to $250,000 of total coverage.
- Spouse and family coverage is available.
- It’s easy to enroll - enroll online or by contacting an advisor.
- Your coverage stays with you regardless of your employment status as long as you are TMA member.
There are few guarantees when a critical illness is diagnosed, but the TMA Member Critical Illness Insurance Plan is one you can count on if this becomes a reality for you or your spouse. Take the opportunity to enroll while there’s time.
Act Now for Guaranteed Acceptance
The opportunity for TMA members under age 65 to get guaranteed acceptance for the TMA Critical Illness Insurance Plan begins on January 28, 2023 and will end February 28, 2023.
Enrolling is easy and takes a minimal amount of time. To apply online, click the button below.
If you’d like assistance, an advisor is ready to take your call at 800-880-8181, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, CST. Be ready, be prepared, and be assured that you will have the coverage you need when you need it most. We’re here to help.
For over 60 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.