Though 2020 will always be remembered (for obvious reasons), it’s safe to say that we’re all ready for a fresh start in 2021. Many Texans are embracing the new year by setting goals and resolutions. We may set a goal to exercise daily, read a book each month, stay in touch with extended family, or learn to play an instrument. For others, the goal of saving money is both practical and necessary.
One way you may save substantially is by taking a quick look at your auto insurance needs. Shopping around for car insurance may not sound like an enjoyable task, but it can yield rich results with a small investment of time.
Did you know that your auto insurance premium can increase, even if you’ve never filed a claim? If you’ve been with your carrier for a number of years and have not investigated, you may learn that your premium has slowly increased over the years.
With that in mind, we want to share with you 10 ways you can save on your auto insurance now, and for the coming year. For the new year, we wish you safe driving and a lot more money in your pocket!
- Get a quote and compare coverage and cost to your current policy. These savings can be substantial.
- Take advantage of the exclusive TMA member discount from Travelers and TMA Insurance Trust and save 10% on your auto insurance premium.
- Work with a qualified agent who can provide knowledgeable advice and guidance. You may discover discounts that can help you maximize your savings - but not compromise on your amount of protection.
- Bundle your auto and homeowners insurance to qualify for an additional discount.
- Check to make sure you are getting all the discounts you can; including a good driver discount, multi-car discount, new car discount, anti-theft discount, eco-friendly auto discount, senior discount, or good student discount.
- Consider participating in a usage-based rewards program. Many auto insurance companies have programs that monitor your driving activity for a short period of time. For example, with Travelers IntelliDrive® program, you can enjoy savings just for enrolling at new business. Best of all you could see additional savings of up to 30% at renewal, based on your driving habits.
- If you increase the deductible on your auto insurance coverage, your collision and comprehensive coverage premium will decrease.
- If you have not done so yet, you can take an online defensive driving course and earn an additional discount with some carriers. Some discounts can be up to 10% off for up to 3 years.
- Pay your insurance premium in full. If you don’t pay in installments, you will eliminate the administrative fee.
- Ask about a low mileage discount if your commute is short and you don’t drive much.
TMA Insurance Trust has made it easier than ever for members to find out how much they can save. Through our partner, MyLifeProtected, you can have an experienced agent compare your current coverage and rates with those from Travelers and other highly rated carriers. Ready to see what you can save? You can reach a MyLifeProtected agent by clicking here.
For over 60 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.