There are many risks in everyday life. That’s why we have insurance protection. And most physicians view certain types of insurance as absolutely essential. Health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance are some examples.
Though you likely view health insurance as vitally important, does it offer the same benefits and level of financial protection that it once did? Many physicians will agree: the fabric of health insurance has frayed, and today, they must share the ever-growing costs of health care with their health insurance provider.
If a serious illness should affect you, you will likely have many medical and non-medical expenses to pay. This is why TMA Insurance Trust is offering members under age 65 the TMA Member Critical Illness Insurance Plan.
How Critical Illness Insurance May Help You
If you should become seriously ill, critical illness insurance benefits are paid directly to you at the time of diagnosis. And this is for the benefit amount you select – up to $250,000 of coverage paid in one lump sum directly to you. The clear advantage of this type of coverage is that you can use the funds as you see fit: you may choose to offset your high deductibles, copays, and any other out-of-pocket medical costs. You could even use the benefits for non-medical expenses like hotel stays near specialized medical facilities, airfare, and replacing lost wages.
What Does Critical Illness Insurance Cover?
TMA Member Critical Illness insurance offers a full benefit for:
- Heart attack,
- Invasive cancer,
- Alzheimer’s disease,
- Kidney and major organ failure.
Benefits can also be paid for a diagnosis of:
- Non-invasive cancer (other than skin cancer),
- Multiple sclerosis,
- Occupational HIV infection,
- Parkinson’s disease,
- Severe coronary artery disease, and
- Terminal illness.
Features of TMA Member Critical Illness Insurance
- TMA members under age 65 can apply for coverage. When the member applies for coverage, their spouse or domestic partner under age 65 is also eligible to apply.
- This insurance pays a lump sum benefit directly to you when diagnosed with a covered illness, regardless of any other insurance you may have.
- As a TMA member, you can apply for up to a total of $250,000 of coverage. Spouse coverage is available up to 50% of the amount the member applies for.
Apply Now for Coverage
If you are a TMA member under age 65, you can take advantage of this valuable coverage issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America. You can apply conveniently online for coverage that helps fill a gap that your health insurance leaves open. Click the button below to get a quote and apply, or contact an advisor for assistance.
For over 60 years, TMA Insurance Trust advisors have been serving Texas physicians, their families and staff. TMA Insurance Trust prides itself on offering unbiased information and strategies to members, along with exclusive group rates on a range of the highest-rated plans in the industry.